Tips for a pleasant flight
Some tips to remember:
- Exercise mayor muscle groups during flight (exercises).
- Walk around the cabin whenever you can.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes.
- Wear DVT socks (flight socks or compression stockings), as prevention is the best method of reducing risk (deep vein thrombosis).
- Store luggage overhead so you have room to stretch out your legs.
- On boarding, set your watch to the local time of your destination if you get a long-haul flight.
- On arrival at your destination, try to stay up as late as possible, so that you can synchronise your body clock.
- Don’t take sleeping pills.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid fizzy drinks as they cause 30%-35% gas expansion in flight.
- Drink herbal teas.
- Avoid regular tea and coffee as they are diuretic.
- Carrot juice reduce flight fatigue.
- Don’t drink alcohol. We would recommend beer or wine as opposed to spirits as they contain less alcoholic units.
We also recommend a variety of exercises that can help reduce tiredness, stiffness and the likelihood of sluggish circulation, all of which can result from sitting for a long time.
We advise you to carry out these exercises every couple of hours and take a brief walk around the cabin whenever you can.